Fourth of July Fun

8:58 PM

Warning:  I'm about to overwhelm you with photos from our Fourth.

We had a great Fourth of July, full of good food and family time.  Jason had to work Friday night so I was flying solo for fireworks, which we ended up opting out of.  Katherine and I had a nice evening to ourselves and the weather couldn't have been better.

Here's a summery of our day:

{We started the day with a red, white, and blue breakfast.}
 
 
{Reading about America.}

{Later, Daddy grilled us some lunch.}
{Then we played outside.}

{Family photo time.}

{Then Daddy made Katherine wear his hat.  She wasn't a fan.}

{After Daddy went to work, we spent some time chalking outside.}

{Katherine decided to add her own touch to my drawing...}

{....by scooting her butt through it.  Good thing I found the stain remover}

{Then we thought this was a fun game.  For 10 minutes.}


{Covered in chalk.}

{We had to get in the pool to rinse the chalk off.}

{But what's some pool time without a watermelon snack?}

{Callie enjoyed the sunset, but not the popping of fireworks.}


{We had plenty of patriotic books to read before bed.}

I bought the "Our Flag" book at a vintage market back in September and I was really excited to read it to Katherine on the Fourth of July.  She actually sat still and listened as I read about our country's history.   I had forgotten that this book was published in 1960 until I got to a couple of silly references assuming the child reading it had been born in the 1950's.  I had to explain to Katherine that her grandfather was not "a boy" during World War I, and that when she was born there were in fact 50 states, not 48 like the book indicates.

I can't believe the Fourth of July has come and gone.  Now it's time for the MLB All-Star Break.  Before you know it school will be starting.  I get a little sad when the Fourth is over because it feels like summer is almost over.  I'm going to try to enjoy the last few weeks of summer before I throw myself into Halloween prep and pumpkin everything.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

All photos & content belong to Seasoned With Style \\ Angela Decker. All Images, with the exception of those of my daughter may be pinned, but please give proper credit and do not claim them as your own. All Rights Reserved Powered by Blogger.