What I'm Loving: June

1:37 PM

It's time for my monthly favorites list!  I can't believe we're nearing the end of June.  It's been a weird month, with the constant rain and steamy temperatures.  I can remember a day when by the end of June, my skin tone was four shades darker.  To date, I still don't have a visible tan line.  We'll hopefully make it to the pool soon, in between rain showers.  


This month's favorites list is short and sweet.  




In the winter, I buy peppermint smelling/flavored everything.  I've been known to smell like a candy cane well into February.  In the summer, my scent of choice is coconut.  There's something about the smell of coconut that makes me feel like I've been at the beach/pool all day, even when I haven't.  I rotate between Trader Joe's Coconut Body Butter and St. Ives Fresh Hydration Lotion (spray on) in Coconut Milk & Orchid Extract.  The body butter is super thick and makes your skin feel so soft.   The St. Ives spray on lotion is quick and easy to put on and smells fantastic.  




I drink lots of iced coffee in the warmer months.  When it's hot, I just can't make myself drink a hot beverage.  Last summer, I used Starbucks Iced Coffee (unsweetened), but recently the price of a bottle has gone way up, so I've decided to try out a few less expensive options.  I like Trader Joe's Iced Coffee Concentrate, it's priced well and because it's a concentrate it lasts longer.  Right now I'm using Starbucks Iced Coffee K-Cups and also making my own iced coffee concentrate using this recipe and Panera Light Roast Coffee (this option is way more cost effective).  While I like the convenience of the K-Cups, they only come in sweetened which I don't really like.  Not to mention K-Cups are expensive, so I have these around for when I'm out of my homemade concentrate and don't have time to make more.   




{Photo credit:  Andie Case//YouTube.com}
I stumbled upon this song (and video) a few weeks ago, when Katherine and I were listening to streaming music online.  I quickly became a fan because I love both of the songs in this mashup, not to mention Andie Case's voice is amazing.  Every time Katherine hears this particular mashup, she thinks it's "Mama singin'."  I don't want to correct her....but I do.  No it's not Mama singing.  I wish. 




{Photo credit:  Cupcakes and Cashmere}
This last favorite isn't technically happening until July, but the announcement was made this week and I'm super excited about it.  I've been reading Emily's blog for years and I'm a huge fan.  I love her blog.  I love her books.  I love her taste in clothes and food and home decor.  I'm pretty sure if we ever met, she'd want to be best friends.  So when she announced that she will have her own clothing line available at Nordstrom next month I was crazy excited.  I'm sure the price point will be out of my reach, but I can still dream.       


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

All photos & content belong to Seasoned With Style \\ Angela Decker. All Images, with the exception of those of my daughter may be pinned, but please give proper credit and do not claim them as your own. All Rights Reserved Powered by Blogger.