American Flag Pie

3:26 PM

We've been busy enjoying the summer time together around here lately.  I always try really really hard not to make summertime a busy time, so we've been taking it easy, playing outside (in between storms and rain), swimming (mostly indoors), visiting local attractions, and watching movies.  So there's our life update.  Not a lot to actually update right now, but changes they are a comin'.


Annnnnnyway, I was browsing my 4th of July Pinterest board the other day and remembered all of the fantastic pins I had pinned throughout the year to make during the 4th.  Because I like to bake pies, I decided to make this American Flag Pie (I had originally decided to name this post "American Pie," but Jason Biggs has officially ruined those two words for me for all of eternity) for the 4th of July this year.  

This pie is nothing new, especially in the Pinterest world, so I used this recipe.  





I used store bought pie crusts with cherry, strawberry, and blueberry pie fillings.  I added about half a cup of fresh strawberries to the cherry/strawberry filling mixture and about half a cup of fresh blueberries to the blueberry pie filling.  After putting the prepared pie crust in the pie pan, I squared off a section for the "stars" with foil.  I filled each portion with the appropriate filling, then removed the foil.  I cut stars with a cookie cutter and stripes with a pie crust cutter.  I baked the pie at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, then turned the oven down to 375 and baked for another 45 minutes.  (I did place foil over the edges of the pie for most of the baking and took it off when there was 15 minutes left to bake.  I also placed the pie pan on a baking sheet in the oven to keep it from over flowing and burning in the oven.)  Overall, a Pinterest win!

You got that 9 to 5 But, baby, so do I So don't be thinking I'll be home and baking apple pies....... 
(which was exactly what I was doing when Jason got home from work this afternoon)

I hope everyone has a super fun and safe 4th of July weekend!  Happy Birthday America!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

All photos & content belong to Seasoned With Style \\ Angela Decker. All Images, with the exception of those of my daughter may be pinned, but please give proper credit and do not claim them as your own. All Rights Reserved Powered by Blogger.