Arkansas Trip

8:50 PM

Katherine and I are fresh off of a road trip to Arkansas with my mom to see my grandmothers.  It's always a long trip, but the strong storms and heavy downpours made it that much longer.  I always love getting see my grandmothers and my Aunt Rita, and now Katherine loves seeing them too.  While we were there Katherine performed two "shows" a day, determined to entertain anyone who would pay attention.  She colored princess pictures with my Aunt Rita and played catch with my Granny Lu.  She hid my Granny Dorothy's domino collection in random spots around her house and also noticed the striking resemblance between her Uncle Zach and my Uncle Joey.  One morning, my mom and I took her out to Jacksonport State Park, where she played and threw rocks into the river.  It's almost like a mini-vacation.  Almost.  











I often forget about the extreme humidity and mosquitoes that reside in Arkansas.  My hair did some crazy things while we were there and Katherine added to her bug bite collection on her legs, which made my Granny Dorothy have anxiety.  I'm always ready leave when I'm visiting my grandmothers, but sad once I've left.  I'm already ready to plan another trip to see them.  Maybe we should fly next time.  And go in the winter.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

All photos & content belong to Seasoned With Style \\ Angela Decker. All Images, with the exception of those of my daughter may be pinned, but please give proper credit and do not claim them as your own. All Rights Reserved Powered by Blogger.