Updates, Announcements, and Random Thoughts

1:52 PM

The original title of this post was going to be "Weekend Update," a super cute pun off of SNL's weekend update, but regretfully two whole weekends past without so much as a single sentence typed.  Oh well.  It's still Monday, right?

So, first thing's first.  We are moving.  (Insert long exhausted sigh here.)  Jason put in for a transfer at work a while back and it became official this month.  We got the call saying it was a done deal when we were literally on the road to Florida last month.  Jason's worked the same area at work for the past eleven and a half years and he decided it was time for a change.  He had actually been talking about transferring for years, but I was the one holding back.  I didn't like the idea of moving away from the city, and I liked working where I was working (when I worked), and I didn't want Jason's co-workers to think we were abandoning them, and ....yada yada yada.  But recently, I had to admit that leaving St. Louis county behind was what was best for our family.  So, we're putting our house on the market and heading out west.  This is going to be a painful process for me, as I dislike change and I hate moving.  Like, really hate it.  But, in the long run this is what is best for us and I'm looking forward to making new memories in a new house and in a new town.

As you can imagine, as soon as we got back from Florida I entered "clean out the house" mode.  I finally finished cleaning out the basement (and all closets and cabinets on the main level) and organized a yard sale, which we had last weekend.  I had high hopes that my revenue from the yard sale would help pay for professional movers, but alas, it went towards paying for a new water regulator and a plumber to install it.

In Katherine news, her little personality is shining through more and more each day.  She's so creative and imaginative.  She's also very good with words, and can tell when she doesn't have my full attention.  But in my defense, she'll say the same sentence over and over and over and get annoyed with me when I don't react with much enthusiasm on the fifth time she says the sentence.

She also doesn't like it when the TV show lineup on Disney Junior doesn't coincide with her personal preferences.  This happened when she found out Doc McStuffins was coming on next, instead of Little Einsteins:

She lives in a constant state of tragedy.  She was apparently planning a luau that served coffee while watching Little Einsteins, but instead her life was ruined.

Moving on.

I can't believe it's the middle of September already.  The pumpkin flavored goodies have burst onto the scene, and while I do love a good pumpkin flavored drink or pastry every now and then, it needs to actually be chilly outside before I can indulge.  Pumpkin lattes in the 80 degree weather just doesn't do it for me.

Now for a blog contradiction:  the Halloween scarves are now available in my Etsy shop!  While I may not have a pumpkin spiced frappe-latte-mocha yet, I will shop for Halloween accessories.

I'm getting ready for my first official craft show next month, so I've been busy working on extra products to have for the show, in addition to keeping the shop stocked.

Thanks for letting me ramble a little today, and have a great week!  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

All photos & content belong to Seasoned With Style \\ Angela Decker. All Images, with the exception of those of my daughter may be pinned, but please give proper credit and do not claim them as your own. All Rights Reserved Powered by Blogger.