Evolution of Style: thredUP

1:44 PM

It's a fair assumption that I have fallen into a fashion slump since becoming a stay-at-home mother.  I would even go as far as to say that I'm a self-described frumpy mom some days.

I swore this would never happen to me, but here I sit wearing the mom uniform: sweatpants and t-shirt.

I was a fashion (double) major in college and worked retail for years following graduation, so I lived and breathed fashion for years and years.  I used to study fashion magazines and I could tell you what the trend would be for the upcoming season (or beyond).  Somewhere along the way, I've fallen into a rut of wearing whatever is most comfortable.  I don't have time to read fashion magazines anymore, and I can't remember the last time I went shopping.

Which brings me to the point of this post finally, getting out of the fashion rut that I seem to have fallen into.

I love resale shopping, and while St. Louis has a plethora of resales shops, I never find the time to go to them.  Plus, lately Katherine is a nightmare to try to shop with.  So you can imagine my excitement when I came across thredUP.  I'd read other bloggers' posts about thredUP and decided to give it a try.  It's basically an online consignment store (resale shopping from the comfort of my own home? yes please).

ThredUP carries womens (and maternity!) and childrens clothing at decent resale prices.  I got 15% off of my first order so I loaded up my virtual cart with all kinds of new-to-me items.  I even read up on current trends for fall (I know right?!).  In the end, I opted out of being extra trendy and stayed in my comfort zone.  But, at least I have some "new" things in my closet.

My order arrived promptly and in super cute packaging.  It's hard to believe the package came from a "resale" store and not a fancy online boutique.  My items were in great condition and exactly as they were described online.  With fall coming up, I'll probably shop for Katherine some cute new fall/winter clothes next.





You can also send them your items to sell, which I haven't done yet because I'm planning a yard sale and thought I'd just try to sell some things on my own first.  Plus based on the low prices of the items listed on thredUP, I doubt I'd get that much money (if any) for my items anyway.

While I still may dress a little more casual than I did before, I'm making progress in not dressing like a bum every single day.  My wardrobe may change now that I can resale shop from home.

Get $10 off of YOUR first and second orders from thredUP by clicking here: http://www.thredup.com/r/2R3EPR



UPDATE:  I had every intention of taking photos of me actually wearing the outfits from thredUP, but, like they say ain't nobody got time for that.  I did finally take some selfies of my new thredUP pieces.  Please excuse the dirty playroom mirror.
{J.Crew tank, Band of Gypsies floral top}

{Forever 21 tunic}

{J.Crew zip-up hoodie}

{GapFit capri pants}

{Loft dress}

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

All photos & content belong to Seasoned With Style \\ Angela Decker. All Images, with the exception of those of my daughter may be pinned, but please give proper credit and do not claim them as your own. All Rights Reserved Powered by Blogger.