Shrimp Boil

1:29 PM

I ordered a shrimp boil at a restaurant while we were in Florida and found it both delicious and intriguing.  It's a brilliant concept for seafood lovers, and I was quickly scouring Pinterest for a recipe to use at home.

Because my mom loves shrimp, I decided to debut my very first at-home shrimp boil for her birthday.  I loosely based my boil on this recipe, but after doing lots of reading on the subject matter I just kind of "went with it."  And, luckily, my local grocery store was running a special on shrimp.


Seriously, this was probably the easiest meal ever.  Just throw some potatoes, corn, and shrimp in a pot of boiling water with some spices.  The end.  The only thing I would've done differently is not use so much of the spice packet.  I only added a little over half of the spice packet to the water, but the corn came out way too spicy.  I also made corn bread to go with this meal (regular and Mexican).


Jason loved this meal and has been asking for me to make it again (impressing him with my culinary skills is hard to do).

We hosted my family for dinner and the boil was a big hit, and I think my mom was pleasantly surprised.  It was the perfect birthday dinner for a shrimp lover like herself.


Sources//  boil recipe, spice packet, cornbread recipe, Mexican cornbread recipe

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

All photos & content belong to Seasoned With Style \\ Angela Decker. All Images, with the exception of those of my daughter may be pinned, but please give proper credit and do not claim them as your own. All Rights Reserved Powered by Blogger.