Life Lately

7:00 AM

It really feels like this summer has literally flown by.  I can hardly keep track of what day it is, and for about three days last week I thought it was already August.  While most of the blogosphere is preparing pumpkin flavored potato chips, I'm still trying to soak up every last bit of summer.  


I spent about two weeks tirelessly cleaning out the basement, top to bottom.  It took several long days and several trashcan loads, but I finally finished.  (Not to mention it was also fun going through all of my old stuff, including stuff I'd brought home from my parents' house when they moved.)  

More recently, we spent time visiting area attractions.  First up was Library Night at The Magic House, which Katherine loved.  We could only get her to leave by promising an ice cream stop on the way home.  




On Friday, we finally made a visit to Aquaport.  This super cool water park is literally right down the road from us and we've never gone, so we braved the heat and took Katherine.  Great family fun.  Even for a redhead who doesn't like the sun.  

As if we hadn't had enough St. Louis area attraction fun for one week, we ended the week with another first, a trip to the Missouri Botanical Garden.  It was fun until Katherine had a complete toddler meltdown, in the scorching heat.  So, we cut the trip short and vowed to go back in the fall.  



Saturday evening we went out to my parents' house for my brother's birthday dinner, where Katherine got to meet a new friend who was also in attendance.  Katherine also got a lesson in "sharing my toys when someone new is on my turf."  
{Photo credit:  Mandy Hanson}
Lastly, I was super busy this week adding new scarves to my Etsy shop.  

Katherine was glued to Mickey Mouse long enough for me to edit photos and add new merchandise to the shop, all in one morning!  Little victories.   So hop on over to the shop and check it out!

I can't believe it's August already.  It makes me want to go buy school supplies.  Hold the pumpkin flavored monstrosities for now, please.   

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

All photos & content belong to Seasoned With Style \\ Angela Decker. All Images, with the exception of those of my daughter may be pinned, but please give proper credit and do not claim them as your own. All Rights Reserved Powered by Blogger.