Halloween, Phantoms, and All Things Pumpkin

2:30 PM

We're in full Halloween mode over here.  It's no surprise, really.  We all love Halloween, especially me since it's also my birthday. 

We've got our costume picked out, and I spent most of last week getting the house ready.  It's exciting to have a new house to decorate this year.









I'm loving the new fall scents at Bath and Body Works, so over the weekend I bought a couple of pumpkin scented candles (because they're on sale for $10 right now!).



Target never disappoints when it comes to Halloween decorations each year.  I picked up a few new items this year during my last shopping trip.


Speaking of Halloween, I ran in to Walmart the other day to grab some things and noticed a display of Halloween movies.  They had all of the old horror movies from years ago, digitally remastered and on Blu-Ray.  I love old scary movies, especially the 1943 Phantom of the Opera movie.  I remember renting it at the video store over and over and over as a kid.  I was totally obsessed with Phantom of the Opera, so it was no surprise that later I was totally stoked over Andrew Loyd Webber's The Phantom of the Opera.  And even more stoked when Gerard Butler became the Phantom in the 2004 movie.   

Anyway, back to Walmart.  I immediately scooped up the 1943 Phantom movie, and I'll probably be back for more movies later.  Probably the Bride of Frankenstein or the original Halloween movie.
  

There's just something about an old movie.  So simple, yet great.  That doesn't mean I'm not going to probably watch Gerard Butler as the Phantom over the weekend though.  For obvious reasons. 

If you've followed my Instagram Stories lately, you've noticed that I stocked up on all things pumpkin during my last trip to Trader Joe's.  I love their seasonal items and now that I no longer live near a Trader Joe's, I have to stock up when I can. 


I used this brown butter sauce recipe with the pumpkin ravioli.  It was crazy good.  If you're a pumpkin lover, I recommend it.

Happy almost weekend!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

All photos & content belong to Seasoned With Style \\ Angela Decker. All Images, with the exception of those of my daughter may be pinned, but please give proper credit and do not claim them as your own. All Rights Reserved Powered by Blogger.