The Ghosts of Costumes Past

9:34 AM

Even though I love Halloween, and it's also my birthday, I don't always actually dress up on Halloween.  Each year is hit or miss with costumes for me.  Some years I've gone all out with a costume, and some years I just don't. 

Last year's costume was epic, both visually and creatively.  I'm still exhausted from pulling that one off, so this year Katherine has an awesomely store-bought costume. 

I decided to go back through the years and see what our costumes looked like.

So I give you:  The Ghosts of Costumes Past


My senior year of high school, I was Christina Aguilera (pre-dirty).  I wore a black sparkly suit that once belonged to Sheryl Crow.


Many years later, I was another celebrity.  Kat Von D.


The next year was an election year, so I pulled together a super simple "Sarah Palin" outfit. 


One year I referenced this costume to become the "Angel of Death."  I guess I was having a "dark" year.


Another year, I raided the costume closet at my mom's school to wear this gem.


The year I was pregnant was fun because I was Juno


Katherine's first Halloween costume was awesome.  When I posted it to Pinterest, I was shared soooo many times.  Social media loved her costume that year.  It was also our first family costume. 


Katherine was a Kitty Cat the next year.  I explained the process of making this super simple costume here


Which brings me to last year, when we were the Three Amigos.  Best. Costume. Ever.  I don't really know how I could top this one. 


Katherine chose her own costume this year.  She's Princess Elena of Avalor.  She'll be one of thousands of Princess Elenas this year, but she loves it. 

As of right now, I will not be dressing up.  But there's still time, I suppose. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

All photos & content belong to Seasoned With Style \\ Angela Decker. All Images, with the exception of those of my daughter may be pinned, but please give proper credit and do not claim them as your own. All Rights Reserved Powered by Blogger.