Year of Chocolate Desserts: June & July

9:56 PM

It was back in January that I had the great idea to make all twelve of the "A Year of Chocolate Desserts" from my January/February issue of Everyday with Rachael Ray magazine. 

I managed to make each month's dessert on time (even while being pregnant, giving birth, having an infant to care for, etc.), until now.  I'm not going to lie when I say I completely forgot about June and July's desserts. 

Because I can't stand to have an "incomplete" in anything, I trudged on to make the next two desserts. 

I probably chose to forget about the desserts because June's dessert was Cocoa-Cinnamon Sorbet.  I hate cinnamon.  I wanted to skip this one all together, but like I said I can't not complete something.  Even if it's cinnamon.  Honestly, the Cocoa-Cinnamon Sorbet wasn't terrible.  I could barely taste the cinnamon, and it was a nice cool treat on a hot day.  Overall, not bad despite it's appearance.
{June:  Cocoa-Cinnamon Sorbet}
July's dessert is Smoky Road Fudge.  I really liked this one.  It was a perfect summer version of fudge with a s'mores/rocky road like flavor.   
{July:  Smoky Road Fudge}
Because I've randomly mentioned the desserts here and there over the past six months, I compiled all of the desserts so far this year.
{January:  One-Bowl Mocha Cake}
{February:  Cran-Raspberry Truffles}
{March:  Hot Fudge Easter Sundaes}

{April:  Chocolate Cookie Stacks with Lemon Cream}
{May:  Classic Egg Cream}

So far, my favorite has been the One-Bowl Mocha Cake, I made a complete mess of the Chocolate Cookie Stacks, and my least favorite was the Cocoa-Cinnamon Sorbet (naturally).  I feel a sense of accomplishment until I realize that it's already almost time for August's dessert.  Maybe I'll stay on top of this project from now on.  Probably not. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

All photos & content belong to Seasoned With Style \\ Angela Decker. All Images, with the exception of those of my daughter may be pinned, but please give proper credit and do not claim them as your own. All Rights Reserved Powered by Blogger.