Harvest Time

1:53 PM

It's harvest time in my neighborhood apparently and I've been gifted with pears and apples from trees in our neighbors' yards.  My brother has also dropped off some cucumbers, avocado, and watermelon left over from his job, so what do you do when you have lots of random fresh produce?  Look to Pinterest for inspiration of course!

First up, pears.  I'll forgive my neighbor this time for ringing the doorbell during nap time.  She unfortunately wanted to chat as I held a barking dog, trying to salvage what was left of Katherine's nap.  "Oh you're a stay at home mom?" she asked.  "Yes."  I had told her this at least twice before.  After a longer than necessary explanation of why she wanted to be a stay at home mom, she handed over a bag of pears from the tree near her house.  "There's plenty more where that came from."  Awesome.


I found this recipe for Salted Caramel Pear Crisp on Pinterest and luckily it was easy, plus it made the house smell amazing.  It was delicious and tasted great with homemade ice cream (because I'm obsessed with ice cream and put it on just about anything).

Next up cucumbers.  Again looking to Pinterest, I found this recipe for a Cucumber and Tomato Salad.  This is a great summer salad to add to any meal.


I still haven't figured out what I'll do with the rest of my free produce.  I'm sure I'll come up with something.  My neighbor across the street is standing on top of a "Bobcat" picking apples at this very moment.  Apple recipes coming soon...

Have a great Tuesday!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

All photos & content belong to Seasoned With Style \\ Angela Decker. All Images, with the exception of those of my daughter may be pinned, but please give proper credit and do not claim them as your own. All Rights Reserved Powered by Blogger.