The Great Apple Adventure

7:11 PM

Holy apples!  If you follow me on Instagram, then you've seen my recent apple shenanigans.




I mentioned previously that it's harvest time in my neighborhood.  My neighbor has apples trees with lots of apples.  One day they asked if I'd like some apples from their trees, and I graciously accepted.  After a brief apple tree lesson for Katherine, we headed home with a wagon full of apples.  We barely got in the door before Katherine was trying to chomp into a dirty apple.  After I cleaned and peeled her apple, she devoured it.  Thankfully, she's a fan of apples.

I had so many apples, I hardly knew what to do with all of them.  I turned to Pinterest once more to decide what to do with all of these apples.  Let me just say, I hate peeling apples (or any fruit or vegetable really), so this apple peeler from The Pampered Chef made things SO much easier.


And voila!  Apples are peeled.  First up, Apple Pie (recipe).   Note:  I made that crust from scratch.  Boom!




This pie was so good, I made two more and froze them.

Next up, Fried Apples (recipe), which is weird because they aren't actually "fried."  The left over fried apples were great with oatmeal the next morning!  They can also be added to croissant rolls to make apple turnovers.

And just when I thought I was appled out, I made Apple Crumble (recipe).  This was so good that I made two more and gave them to my parents and brother.



When I went to deliver a hand written Thank You note to my neighbor, I was handed another bucket full of apples.  Sigh....

Let's see.  I can make apple butter, or apples sauce, or chicken apple salad, or.....

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

All photos & content belong to Seasoned With Style \\ Angela Decker. All Images, with the exception of those of my daughter may be pinned, but please give proper credit and do not claim them as your own. All Rights Reserved Powered by Blogger.