Tornadoes, Summertime, and a Cardinal Wreath

5:23 PM

We had a pretty busy Friday night.  Not in the traditional sense.  We had some pretty wicked weather, meaning that the girls and I spent Friday night hunkered down in the basement.  Jason was at work, so it was up to me to get the dogs, Katherine, and myself into the basement.  This was no easy task because Callie wanted to run to the window to see what was going on and Sammie wanted to run to her bed out of fear. 

{I crammed both dogs into Sammie's "bed" so they couldn't run back upstairs or near the walk-out basement door.}
Once we were safely in the basement, Katherine decided it was the perfect time to throw up all over me.  Then she passed out and slept through the rest of the storm.  We thankfully had no damage to our house and Jason made it safely home from work several hours later. 

While we spent Friday night in the basement, we spent Saturday night outside on the deck. 



I'm so excited that it's finally summertime. 

During the spring and summer months, our house is decked out in Cardinal red. I made a St. Louis Cardinals wreath last summer that lacked the quality I had hoped for.  It was actually a little goofy looking.  After scouring Pinterest during the last few days of my pregnancy (when I actually had time to look at Pinterest!), I found a couple of cute ideas for a new wreath and combined them.
{Vine wreath, wired ribbon, baseball ribbon, and extra accents.}
It only took me two weeks to get this project finished. Not to mention, I'm not a good wreath maker and I'm a horrible bow maker.  I had to enlist help with some of the bows.  It's like the time I tried crocheting.  I tried and tried and literally could not do it.  I'll have to keep working on the bow making.  I can sew just about anything.  Why can't I make a stupid bow?  Anyway......this is the finished wreath.


I hope there's lots of summer fun ahead for Katherine's first summer...and no more tornadoes.  Go Cards! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

All photos & content belong to Seasoned With Style \\ Angela Decker. All Images, with the exception of those of my daughter may be pinned, but please give proper credit and do not claim them as your own. All Rights Reserved Powered by Blogger.