8 Years

7:30 AM

Jason and I got married 8 years ago today.  I can't believe how time seems to have flown by, considering we've technically been together for 14 years.  Here's a quick rundown of our life together:

We first met on New Year's Eve in 2000 through mutual friends at a party.  He was a college sophomore baseball player and I was a junior in high school.  I know.  We had attended the same high school for one year together, but had never met.  You could say we ran in different circles.  After our first meeting, we spent the next 5 months getting to know each other long distance.  We made it official in May of 2001.  Jason moved back to town and I started my senior year of high school.

{In 2001.  We look like babies.}
When I graduated from high school, I moved to Springfield to attend college and Jason followed shortly after.  In 2004, Jason started a new job that lead him to St. Louis.
{Engagement photos 2006}
On New Year's Eve 2005, Jason proposed in front of the Arch.
{Right after Jason proposed.}
In 2006, I graduated college and planned a wedding.  We got married in January of 2007 and honeymooned in Cancun.

{Our wedding day 2007}

{Honeymoon 2007}
We've had our ups and downs in the last 8 years.  Our best "up" was definitely the birth of our daughter, Katherine.  
{With baby Katherine 2013}
Jason is a great husband and an amazing dad.  I couldn't have asked for anything better.
{2014}

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

All photos & content belong to Seasoned With Style \\ Angela Decker. All Images, with the exception of those of my daughter may be pinned, but please give proper credit and do not claim them as your own. All Rights Reserved Powered by Blogger.