Halloween Birthday Recap

9:28 PM

We're all still recovering from a very soggy Halloween.  The day didn't exactly go as planned but at the end of the day, we had a great Halloween and I had a great birthday. 

{On Halloween Eve, we watched Hocus Pocus.  It's probably going to be our new tradition.}

{Halloween breakfast for Katherine....}

{....and for us.}

{Halloween birthday breakfast at La Bonne Bouchee.}

{Our Halloween was pretty low key.}

{First Halloween = all day photo shoot}

{Halloween birthday cupcakes from Jilly's.}

{Mommy and mini.}
{Family costumes!  Rockford Peaches!}
My mom surprised me with t-shirts and hats from A League of Their Own for Jason and I to wear to match Katherine.  Even Jason was excited.  In his own way.
{"Jimmy Dugan" and "Betty Spaghetti"}
We considered Katherine to be "Dottie Hinson" because she's awesome. 




{Trick-or-Treat}
It poured down rain all day and night, so trick-or-treating was out.  We had planned on taking Katherine to the mall to trick-or-treat, but Jason had a work meeting that put that plan on hold.  Katherine was battling a stuffy nose all afternoon, in addition to cutting teeth.  This made for a very unfortunate afternoon for me while daddy was gone to his meeting. 

My parents and brother and his girlfriend came over for a Halloween birthday dinner, presents, and cupcakes. 

We had five trick-or-treaters.  Those five kids got lots of candy from us.  I bought a five pound bag of candy because the local weather said the rain would be gone by trick-or-treat time.  Not so much.
{Sadie watching for trick-or-treaters.}

{This sums up our Halloween.  Rainy.}
{Lots of cupcakes.}

{I had help opening birthday presents.  Katherine even got some presents of her own.}
We had planned on lighting up the fire pit and making s'mores.  In fact, I bought tons of candy, marshmallows, crackers, and cookies to make s'mores but Mother Nature had other plans. Now I have tons of ingredients for a s'mores bar. 
{There's no crying in baseball.  Until it's way past your bedtime.}
Despite the rain and work meeting, it was a great day.  Katherine won't remember her first Halloween but we will.  It was the first Halloween that Jason agreed to dress up.  I guess being wrapped around a tiny little finger will do that to you.
{Someone was really interested in my new birthday books.}
I also turned 30 on Halloween.  It was the best birthday, because my best girl was there to celebrate with me for the first time. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

All photos & content belong to Seasoned With Style \\ Angela Decker. All Images, with the exception of those of my daughter may be pinned, but please give proper credit and do not claim them as your own. All Rights Reserved Powered by Blogger.