Homemade Fall Drinks

9:29 PM

Life has changed so much since Katherine was born.  I work from home now, I don't get out much, and there's no such thing as a quick run to the store/ to get lunch/ to get coffee.  It's hard to make a quick run to Starbucks these days with a 7 month old, but sometimes I still need that pick-me-up that I used to look to Starbucks for.

I started looking online for replica recipes of my favorite coffee shop beverages.  After experimenting with several recipes, these are my favorites. 

I found this recipe for Starbuck's Carmel Apple Spice here.  Who knew that you don't use apple cider, but apple juice? 


What You Need:
Bottle of Apple Juice
1/2 Cup of Water
1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar
About 1/2 to 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
Whipped Cream
Carmel sauce

What To Do:
Make the cinnamon syrup by combining sugar, water, and cinnamon in a pot over medium high heat.  Stir, then let the mixture simmer for 5 minutes over low heat.

While that is cooking, heat up the apple juice.  You can do this in the microwave or on the stove top.

Once the apple juice is heated and the syrup is done, add 3 tablespoons of syrup to 12 ounces of juice.

Add whipped cream and caramel drizzle.  Yum!


I found the perfect Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe here.  It's super easy and delicious. 

What You Need:
1 cup of strong coffee
2/3 cup of milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 tablespoon of pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon of brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice

What To Do:
Whisk together the milk, vanilla, pumpkin, brown sugar, and spice. 

Heat in a small saucepan over medium heat or in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.  (When I'm in a rush, I just use the microwave.) 

Once heated, pour over hot coffee. 

Add whipped cream and a dash of pumpkin spice as garnish.  Enjoy!

And because I try to be an over achiever in the kitchen, I make my own whipped cream.  It's very easy.  You just need powdered sugar and whipping cream.  I use a stand mixer, but you can use a hand held one too.  Just pour the whipping cream in a chilled bowl and beat with a mixer until it's light and fluffy.  I add a little bit of powdered sugar until it's the right sweetness.


I actually like making my own drinks at home better than going out.  I spend a lot less money, and my homemade drinks actually taste better in my opinion.  I may never leave the house again. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

All photos & content belong to Seasoned With Style \\ Angela Decker. All Images, with the exception of those of my daughter may be pinned, but please give proper credit and do not claim them as your own. All Rights Reserved Powered by Blogger.