What I'm Loving: April

7:00 AM

It's that time again, that special time when I share with you what I'm loving this month.  Spring brings out the happy in us around here, so we were literally outside for most of last week.  On Saturday I took Katherine shopping for new summer clothes (after quickly using up all four of her summer outfits last week in the 80 degree weather).  Of course the minute I bought her a closet full of summer clothes, the temperatures dropped significantly and will stay below average for the next week.  Awesome.

So, one thing we were loving about April was the gorgeous weather that led us outside for every spare minute of our day for a whole week.  We even got Katherine a new sandbox to play in for the yard.  She couldn't have been happier.  Between that and a trip to the park, it was a great week for outside time.  Not to mention, playing outside wears.  Kids.  Out.  No fuss for naps or bedtime last week.  She was out in minutes.



April also marks the beginning of baseball season here in St. Louis, so of course we are loving Opening Day.  It's like a national holiday in this town.  No kidding.  People totally abandon their normal weekday obligations and head downtown or to a local sports bar to watch the Opening Day Ceremonies and game.  Welcome baseball season.
{Photo credit: MissouriNet.com}
Now that the temperatures have dropped, I've been staying inside doing a little spring cleaning.  There's something about spring renewal that makes people purge items from their house to make room for new things.  When I worked at a non-profit resale store, donations would come pouring in as soon as spring arrived.  I've been busy cleaning out closets and getting rid of items that aren't necessary anymore.  I love spring cleaning.  Unless I'm cleaning the basement.  Then I don't love spring cleaning.

I've started reading a new book called What Happens When Women Walk In Faith.  This book has been really insightful and the author, Lysa TerKeurst, is quickly becoming one of my favorite Christian authors.  If you want an inspiring book to read this summer I recommend this one.  It's full of encouragement and also Bible facts, which I love because doing a Bible study is more than just making yourself feel warm and fuzzy.  This book also helps you learn more about the Bible.

It's been a challenging week here at our house, so this book has really come in handy.

I'm so happy it's spring and I'm also hoping the warm weather returns soon.  I'm already busy planning fun spring/summer activities for Katherine.  All of them require warm weather.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

All photos & content belong to Seasoned With Style \\ Angela Decker. All Images, with the exception of those of my daughter may be pinned, but please give proper credit and do not claim them as your own. All Rights Reserved Powered by Blogger.