Katherine's Second Birthday Party

7:00 AM

Back in January I asked Katherine what kind of birthday party she wanted.  She said, "cake."  I asked, "So you want a 'cake' party?"  She said, "yes, cake."  I thought about how I could make a "cake" birthday party happen.  So, the Sprinkle Birthday Party idea was born.  I reused all of our DIY cake stands from last year and added some new fresh decorations, like DIY colorful paper garlands and confetti.

On Saturday, we hosted Katherine's 2nd birthday party.  There were lots of family and friends in attendance and I'm grateful for all who came.  I'll probably be picking up stray sprinkles off of the floor for months, but overall it was a great party.

I won't bore you with a wordy play-by-play of the day, so here's a ton of pictures to look at:



















If there was a way to add sprinkles to any food, I did it.  We had sprinkled strawberries, sprinkled popcorn, sprinkled pretzels, cupcakes, cake pops.....you get the idea.  Everything on the menu for this party was homemade, including the popular Funfetti Cake Cheese Ball (recipe here).

I made Katherine's "2" shirt by tracing a 2 onto gold glitter iron-on material, then cutting it out and ironing it on a shirt that I bought at Target.  The party straws we used came from here.

We ended the day with some outside time, enjoying one of our new toys.


We were so blessed by the turnout for Katherine's party and would like to thank everyone who came to help celebrate.

A quick Katherine-ism before we go:
Before her party started I was trying to get a good photo of Katherine in her "party" outfit.  I kept asking her to smile, but she refused.  Instead she marched straight towards the camera and said, "close up."  So we took a close up.  After which I noticed ketchup still stuck to the corners of her mouth.  


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

All photos & content belong to Seasoned With Style \\ Angela Decker. All Images, with the exception of those of my daughter may be pinned, but please give proper credit and do not claim them as your own. All Rights Reserved Powered by Blogger.